Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Festivals, Festivals, Festivals!


It is festival season here in Busan. Everywhere you turn, you will see a sign for a festival currently going on or one about to happen. Last week was the Pusan International Film Festival. Films played all over the city, and we were able to catch movies from Albania, France, and Australia.


Waiting for the movie "Sisters" to begin at the outdoor theatre

This weekend was the Busan Fireworks Festival  I can safely say it was the best fireworks show I have ever seen. It lasted about 40 minutes and some, well, interesting music to accompany it. Everything from the Sound of Music to Heal the World by Michael Jackson was played.




In other news, I currently have a friend from CU crashing in my kitchen/ guest bedroom. Jon moved out here a couple of weeks ago to look for a job and was very fortunate to get one at his friend Kurt's private school (hagwon). He was staying with Kurt and their other high school buddy Sam in Kurt's one bedroom apartment, so I offered up my floor to ease the burden. Jon is very easy going, and it's nice right now to have someone else around to hang out with all the time.


Jon and I out and about.

Not a lot else to report. Tomorrow I get to take the afternoon off to go hiking with the some of the staff. For some reason I am getting paid extra to go on this hike since it is mandatory. I don't get that at all, but I won't question it!

I will leave you with this. . .




2 comments:

  1. Casco wants to know if his Aunt Amy can send him some shoes for his birthday. It's in June, you have time to track them down. Love your updates Wam - and so excited to talk to you tonight/your morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Casco to be careful what he wishes for, because I stopped by HOTDOGGY today and I think they have his size! No really, they have every terrible thing you could ever dress a dog in. Maybe I'll get him the Purdue Univergy of Dog sweater I saw too....

    ReplyDelete