Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where did you go, September?

I know everyone says this all time, but this time I really mean it. I have no idea where the last month went. What did I do? A lot, and a whole lot of nothing at the same time. Lesson learned: keep moving. My time here is short and if I want to see everything there is to be seen and do everything there is to do, I better be more productive then September. I will chock it up to getting acclimated to my new city . . . ahh excuses. Though I want to feel like I live here and am not just a tourist, I need to force myself to get out there more and do "touristy" things. One of the most rewarding things I have done thus far was something touristy - visting Busan Tower. Going to the top and checking out the whole city was awesome, and I will definitely pay the 4000 won to do it again in the future.

Yesterday was my first day of volleyball practice. Such a good time! Volleyball is a big sport here, and every school staff seems to have a team. "Amy, you tall and have blonde hair, you play on our volleyball team???" This was one of the first questions presented to me my first day teaching a month ago. I gladly said yes, and forgot about it until they told me on Monday we were starting practice this week. The language barrier is a never ending struggle, but if there are two things language can transcend, it is sports and music. All you have to do is play!

This evening we leave for Seoul.  I am so excited!! We have an idea of all the things we want to do, but I don't think we will make any final decisions until we get there. Christine's friend who lives there is going to be in Hong Kong for the weekend, and was kind enough to let us stay at her apartment for a few days.

I am going back to the doctor after school today. No, my cough is STILL not gone. :(  I don't think 3 days of antibiotics was enough, but maybe that's just me. The doc also suggested buying a humidifier since my cough is the worst at night, so I will try and pick one up when I get back from Seoul.

Here's to an October filled with new adventures. . .and of course more mishaps!

1 comment:

  1. Since when do antibiotics help a cough anyway? Have fun on your October adventures...and see you on Skype in exactly one week and 8 hours.

    ReplyDelete