Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chocorat milk and other delights

I finally got my health card today! It has been exactly 40 days since my cough started, but I now have an official diagnosis: acute bronchitis. After school today my co-teacher took me to an ENT doctor. I only waited about 5 minutes before I was able to see a doctor who looked something like this:


Why is it a cartoon? Because that is the only Google image I could find with a guy wearing that head thing. What is that head thing called anyway? The only thing missing is the trademark swine flu mask. Okay, obviously real doctors use them, but I will forever associate them with swine flu after my time in Korea. 
Before Cartoon Doc looked at my throat, he pushed my head back, grabbed a hose and nozzle, and shoved it up my nose. My eyes started watering profusely from the burning sensation as it drained down the back of my throat. After that  ordeal was over, he flipped his head thing down over his eye. I tried not to laugh as he looked down my throat but couldn't help it. Like always, laughing turned into coughing. 
I went to go pay after, not knowing what to expect. I had heard it was cheap to visit a doctor, but cheap is relative. When the  woman told me 3,500 Won, I hesitated. Surely it couldn't be that cheap. Less than 3 dollars?? I happily paid and we took off for the pharmacy. Again, sooo cheap. 1,600 Won for this concoction of pills.

To be taken 3 times a day 30 minutes after a meal. Already forgot tonight and waited 2 hours. Oops.

Now, some long awaited photos from the past few weeks.

Busan Tower

View from the top. It was incredible to have a 360 degree view and be able to piece together the city.


The crew at the Busan I'Park soccer game


At the Lotte Giants baseball game. During the 7th inning you receive these bags to tie to your head. Everyone does it, and it's funny to look out at a sea of orange bag heads.


All of the Yong San staff out for dinner.


My beach!!


Who needs custodians at a school when you can make the kids clean?


I love chocorat milk too!

1 comment:

  1. So cute Amz! Are you feeling sick or are they just freaked out because an American is coughing?

    Um, I love the little Chocorat milk girl's glasses. She's going to make something of herself.

    ReplyDelete