Friday, September 11, 2009

May you rest in peace, little bird

I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my last post! At the beginning of class on Tuesday, a bird swooped in through the large open window. For a second, it was kind of entertaining. Then as quickly as it glided in, it tried to sail on out. FAIL. It slammed into the window and crumpled to the floor. Panic and chaos immediately ensued. The kids crowded around it and started screaming in Korean. I looked at my co-teacher in desperation, and just got a blank stare back. Before I knew it one of students was poking it, so I started yelling over and over again, "Don't touch it! Don't touch it!" Finally, the librarian came in with toilet paper. Okay, this isn't a dead spider! It isn't even a swallow! It's a large brown bird not much smaller than a crow! Oh, and it's not dead yet!! All of these thoughts are racing through my head as I watch him march over to the bird. He picks it up and wraps the bird around the torso as it pecks at him with all the energy it has left. I don't know what happened to the bird after that. Nor do I really want to. It was probably the mystery meat I had for lunch today.

I finished my first full week of teaching in Korea! It feels good to have that done - only 50 more to go. :)

More pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment