Friday, September 4, 2009

"Please, I want you to remember me..."

 This phrase has been echoing in my head all day. In my 3rd period class I had a particularly rowdy group of 6th graders. In the back corner was a soft spoken little girl who sat politely through class, but as soon as class was over bolted towards the front. She grabbed my arm and pulled me down to her eye level. The first thing she wanted to do was look at my eyes. She had never seen anyone with green eyes before. "Amy teacher, your eyes are so...wonderful." (We had gone over adjectives to describe vacations today; I think she wanted to try one out.) Before I could say anything she pulled me to my desk and held my hand. "Please I want you to remember me Amy teacher." I said I would, and had her write her name down in English so I wouldn't forget. I think she realizes that I have hundreds of students and there is no possible way I will remember all of their names. She is also the first student who has really tried to reach out to me. It was definitely the highlight of my day. I don't think there is any way I will forget her! Lee joung su. Lee joung su...

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest story. You have already had an impact on that little girls life. I can't figure anyway to post except at anonymous. Joy Aguiar

    ReplyDelete